Tuesday, May 17, 2011

god gave me a complaining heart?

so i find myself complaining all. the. time.

nothing seems right. 
the smallest things makes me unhappy.
i find fault with most all things.
i thrive on someone doing me wrong.
it seems to have taken over my whole life.
i don't "like" the curcumstance sourrounding my life.
i'm not happy with the "hand i've been dealt"
i certainly didn't choose the things going on.
i've always done the right thing, when does that pay off.
this complaining list could go on... i promise.
i thought the lord had just given me a "complaining heart"

then...

sunday morning during church, a friend's testimony of helping others touched my heart.
down inside, where the lord could give the ol' devil a boot.
the lord opened my eyes to a world i didn't seem to see.

i have a beautiful home.
2 very healthy children.
 my husband has a good job.
we are blessed.
beyond measure.
way. beyond. measure.

so i realized i had given myself a "complaining heart"
i had pushed the lord out so i could allow the devil to move in.
i allowed the devil to blind me to all the incredible things that are happening right in front of me.
the simple things, but incredible.




No comments:

Post a Comment